Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Bit Of History

I currently work from home and have enjoyed doing so for more than 7 years. I guess I am not a real seasoned veteran so to speak, but I do make money.

It all started with an ad in the paper for a free to join home job. I thought that I would give it a try, as it was a company that had been in business over a decade, and was a member in good standing with the better business bureau!

A lot of people say that you should never have to pay for a work from home job and for the most part this is true. But I also found that paying money or investing in advertising has paid off big for myself, as long as you use the proper methods, ad placement, ad copy etc. This comes with experience, and this is where a lot of people eventually fail and give up their dream. This in the early years happened to me, but it was minimal as I didn't get carried away with advertising and knew my limitations according to budget planning!

Practically every move one makes in their home business can and will be a calculated risk. This is the best part of being your own Boss however, as you call the shots, but also are the one that is at fault when something does not work.

Over the years I have joined many opportunities including Scams. But I soon learned the too good to be true rule, and the proper methods of due diligence. (Always use Search/Google when checking something out) as you may find much feedback, especially in Forums about any prospective opportunity or home job you wish to join.

No comments: